Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaysquad
Level 7

Screen mirroring option keeps dissappearing

I looked up where to find the screen mirroring option on the internet because i was gaving trouble finding it. When i used it everything went fine. I used it for about a week, stopped using it for about 2 weeks and when i tried to connect on my phone again my tv didn't show on the list of devices. So i went back into the system settings on my roku and the option to screen mirror completely disappeared from the menu. I gave up and tried again maybe a month later and the option was back again. Thinking i looked in the wrong place I used it and, like last time the option disappeared again from the menu a day later. Am i missing something or is this a bug?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen mirroring option keeps dissappearing

You didnt mention your Roku model name/# or firmware version (Settings/System/About)

I have read other reports of "screen mirroring" disappearing, usually from ONN TVs

Roku supports two forms of mirroring:

1) Miracast-based:  Settings/System/Screen mirroring

2) AirPlay2-based:  Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit

Are you stating that #1 is disappearing from the Settings menu/UI?

If #1 is not there/disappears again, try manually updating:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

And if #1 isnt there now, or disappears again, report it directly to Roku:

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options    (choose setup/Roku tv/other/need more help?)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MB14
Level 7

I just recently bought an onn roku tv from Walmart a couple days ago. After I set things up, I wanted to screen mirroring my android phone to my TV. When I checked the setting it wasn't part of the options, my internet is excellent and system is up to date. I need to know of I should just return my TV and get a refund or is there a solution?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

There's no current solution - there may be a future solution (via firmware update).

If you dont want to risk it, I'd return it for a different brand.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos