These new updates usually seem to affect the older Rokus more than the newer. If you have an older Roku, haven't gotten the update yet, and don't want to take the update immediately, you may be able to block it at your router. If you go into your router setup (usually via web browser), try and find your "black list." Black listing "api.roku.com" blocks firmware and channel updates (and you can't install new channels either) for our older Roku2/3 units (we have four), and I'll usually lower the shields once new updates get ironed out. YMMV with newer units, because I think our stick+ still gets the updates with the black list entry I noted above. Newer device users could also try blocking "api.rokutime.com" and "api.sr.roku.com" but I haven't tested these to be sure.
I got a version update again last night, and it broke all of my channels again.
Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4181-17 is the new version.
This time I did figure out something that worked and seemed a more logical potential fix. While on the channel (in this case I was on Hulu), hit "*" then update channels. It looked like it only updated Disney+, but previously no channels worked and after I did that update to Hulu, it said Hulu was updated and all channels already to be working again.
Maybe that will help someone else out as well. Also, Roku, please stop breaking everything.
Hi I should’ve been clearer with my suggested temp solution. what I did was creating two guest SSIDs 5G and 2.4 and I tried using 2.4 first (for some rokus that’s the only option) but I was having the same issue but after connecting to the 5G every channel is working perfectly.
And yes the fix should come as an update from roku.
Between having a none working TV for a week and hoping a fix will come and trying this workaround. My choice was easy.
@SolvrCasa Thank you for clarifying and adding to your previous message.
Much like many of the "solutions" any of us have had, it seems like a sort of 'it just happened to work for the individual person in their situation' resolution, and mileage may vary.
What worked for me, for example, was trying a variety of things until one of them just happened to fix it. Who even knows if anything I did specifically made it work or if, as I mentioned somewhere buried in this thread, ROKU just happened to fix something on their end at the time. It hasn't worked for others.
I think, other than ROKU fixing their update properly, anyone with the issue we've all been experiencing to varying degrees, should go through these threads and try every thing mentioned and hope one works for them.
Hopefully they don't break it again for any of us, or "fix" their update in a way that doesn't allow whatever worked for us before to continue working. Super frustrating that ROKU doesn't seem to bother addressing these issues or even acknowledging them.
It may be time to start looking at some Android TV options.