Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JareBear
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels same isssue

Jump to solution

@bravoss 

I'm curious, how did you revert firmware to get back to 10.0? 

I searched for that everywhere and all I found was that Roku no longer allowed firmware reversions.

istrash
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What is being done to fix this issue because my tv is still acting up??? This is getting ridiculous and nobody is reaching out or even putting out a statement that there an issue going on. 

Guynraleigh01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I after Spotify a dead app on this over priced i advised all friends not to buy TCL roku tv they don’t support you’

after Spotify a dead app on this over priced i advised all friends not to buy TCL roku tv they don’t support you’

0 Kudos
SmilingBob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

These new updates usually seem to affect the older Rokus more than the newer.  If you have an older Roku, haven't gotten the update yet, and don't want to take the update immediately, you may be able to block it at your router.  If you go into your router setup (usually via web browser), try and find your "black list."  Black listing "api.roku.com" blocks firmware and channel updates (and you can't install new channels either) for our older Roku2/3 units (we have four), and I'll usually lower the shields once new updates get ironed out.  YMMV with newer units, because I think our stick+ still gets the updates with the black list entry I noted above.  Newer device users could also try blocking "api.rokutime.com" and "api.sr.roku.com" but I haven't tested these to be sure.

JareBear
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

I got a version update again last night, and it broke all of my channels again.  

Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4181-17 is the new version.

This time I did figure out something that worked and seemed a more logical potential fix.  While on the channel (in this case I was on Hulu), hit "*" then update channels.  It looked like it only updated Disney+, but previously no channels worked and after I did that update to Hulu, it said Hulu was updated and all channels already to be working again.

Maybe that will help someone else out as well.  Also, Roku, please stop breaking everything.

SolvrCasa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Real Solution :

Connect to your 5G Wi-Fi and make sure you 2.4g doesn’t have the same name . 
This is the fix for all 10.5 update issues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JareBear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@SolvrCasa 

That doesn't sound like a good or viable solution, nor does it seem like a necessary one.  I'm pretty sure no one bought a ROKU that said it can only be used on 5ghz

Additionally, some may not have a 5ghz router, or one that allows them to have different names, or control over which is connected (some mesh connections only have a single name regardless of band). 

You also did not provide an explanation as to how this will benefit the issues with the 10.5.0 update.  What information can you provide as to this "solution"?

The real solution is ROKU needs to fix the update and stop beta testing on it's users.

SolvrCasa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi   @JareBear 

Hi I should’ve been clearer with my suggested temp solution. what I did was creating two guest SSIDs 5G and 2.4 and I tried using 2.4 first (for some rokus that’s the only option) but I was having the same issue but after connecting to the 5G every channel is working perfectly.

And yes the fix should come as an update from roku. 

Between having a none working TV for a week and hoping a fix will come and trying this workaround. My choice was easy. 

0 Kudos
JareBear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@SolvrCasa Thank you for clarifying and adding to your previous message.

Much like many of the "solutions" any of us have had, it seems like a sort of 'it just happened to work for the individual person in their situation' resolution, and mileage may vary.

What worked for me, for example, was  trying a variety of things until one of them just happened to fix it.  Who even knows if anything I did specifically made it work or if, as I mentioned somewhere buried in this thread, ROKU just happened to fix something on their end at the time.  It hasn't worked for others.

I think, other than ROKU fixing their update properly, anyone with the issue we've all been experiencing to varying degrees, should go through these threads and try every thing mentioned and hope one works for them.

Hopefully they don't break it again for any of us, or "fix" their update in a way that doesn't allow whatever worked for us before to continue working.  Super frustrating that ROKU doesn't seem to bother addressing these issues or even acknowledging them.

It may be time to start looking at some Android TV options.

JareBear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's what I was referring to in regards to previous posts and the 5ghz option.

Several posts/pages back there was a comment on how to revert to a previous firmware.  You might see if that is an option for you (and turn off auto updates?).

0 Kudos