Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradC
Channel Surfer

wrong channel is playing

so I'm clearly missing something, probably something obvious, but I'm stumped.

I've created 2 screensaver channels.

- If I load the first one, it works very nicely.

- if I load the second one, it also works very nicely.

- BUT... if I have the second one loaded, the first one will only run the second screensaver. It shows up correctly on the list, but if I use it or preview it, it plays the second screensaver channel. If I remove the second channel, the first one resumes to working as expected.

since either channel works fine independently, it would seem the code is ok, or at least functional. A sideloaded copy of either channel also works fine regardless of any other loded channels.

I've tried re-loading and changing just about everything I can think of, but no difference.

It's my first attempt at screensavers, so I'm no doubt screwing something up, but combing the available documentation didn't turn anything up that could help.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: wrong channel is playing

You currently need to package each screensaver with a different key. Two screensavers with the same key cannot coexist on the same unit. This only applies to screensavers, not normal channels, and it will be fixed in a future release, but for now you need to use separate keys.

--Mark
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

thanks for the quick answer Mark! I'll do that.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
You currently need to package each screensaver with a different key. Two screensavers with the same key cannot coexist on the same unit. This only applies to screensavers, not normal channels, and it will be fixed in a future release, but for now you need to use separate keys.

Has this been fixed?
(If not yet, what's the outlook on it)
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

As far as I know, this was fixed in 5.4. Are you still having trouble with it?

--Mark
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
As far as I know, this was fixed in 5.4. Are you still having trouble with it?

I haven't tried it yet - wanted to check first if signing with the same key >1 screen-savers (which i had in mind, for the shared access to registry feature).
So it's been resolved and i shouldn't worry - thanks!
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.