Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcoding
Visitor

working with two screens

Hi, is there a way that I can use two screens one at the top of another. I believe this can be done with by creating multiple objects of roImageCanvas. However, I want the second screen to only cover a fraction of the whole display so that the previous screen underneath is visible in the background but I only want the top screen to be listening to events.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: working with two screens

I've used multiple image canvases at the same time. Just use TargetRect to draw to whatever area you desire. I believe the default behavior is that only the top screen will receive events, but I just assigned the same message port to all image canvases and didn't really care which one was getting the event; I was going to perform the same actions no matter what.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bcoding
Visitor

Re: working with two screens

"renojim" wrote:
I've used multiple image canvases at the same time. Just use TargetRect to draw to whatever area you desire. I believe the default behavior is that only the top screen will receive events, but I just assigned the same message port to all image canvases and didn't really care which one was getting the event; I was going to perform the same actions no matter what.

-JT

thank you for the information.
0 Kudos