Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: what am I doing wrong?

Why not replace the spaces in filenames with underscores "_" - keeps the string shorter than %20 for your json file, and then rename the files to match of course.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
Why not replace the spaces in filenames with underscores "_" - keeps the string shorter than %20 for your json file, and then rename the files to match of course.

Well because my system is an older system, that has many places getting videos from the servers not just on Roku and to change file names would mean rerunning scripts to update html files on several sites as well as xml, rss and now json feeds.. it's easier to customize the code for each individual device/endpoint then it is to rework the database and then have to keep seperate databases for each device/endpoint.
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

To answer one of the questions i aksed earlier (I find answers faster by trying then looking up or waiting for answers it seems).

It appears the direct player has a limitation of 40 videos per category, with a 15 category limitation meaning that a channel can hold an absolute maximum of 15x40=600 videos.

Therefore with a 600 video limitation, I will need to divide my 1 channel into at least 4 channels in order to offer the current videos in my library. I'm not sure why there is this limitation, I have over 2000 on my private roku channel and all I did was use the sample player from 4 years ago. LOL, seems going forward there are more bells and whistles but less capabilities.. Oh well no biggie, will make demographics easier I guess. Harder for the end users but easier for us.. Guess I know where the priorities lie.. lol
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos