Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

updating our channels

Ok total Noob Question here but i need to know since i was having so many issues with the uploading packages before.

Can i upload this as a private channel, to just test? because i hate to knock anyone off with a bad package.

once i see its working i can reupload as new package.

I just wanted to add the Tweet functions, Should be almost ready to go. in fact server side its working just fine.

hope to get it worked out by the weekend, also once linked they wont have to link again will they ? only if the detete then reload the channel right?
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: updating our channels

You don't need to upload it as a private channel. You can upload it as an update to your current public channel, just don't submit it. There will be an access code listed that you can give to users that want to install the "beta" version.
As for updating your contest channel, I don't think they're allowing updates for the duration of the competition now. They might change that, but according to the rules, the state the channel was in when it went live is how it's supposed to be judged.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Ok good to know, saves me a step....

Ahh didnt know that about updating... Not Sure How i can do the Linkage of the twitter then.

I was just gonna add a way so they can see their Token. The area got commented out and didn't notice till today when i was going through it....

Well lets hope no one complains about the twitter not working !! when is the deadline anyways? next month?

By that time should be well on our way to having the subscription service ready. and website and twitter will all be good to go!

Thanks for the help...
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Here's the schedule from the contest rules:
Contest Schedule

June 30, 2010 – Contest begins at 12:01AM PDT

Sept 7, 2010 – Final submissions due no later than 12:00AM PDT

Sept 9, 2010 – Qualifying Channels published to the Channel Store by 12:00AM PDT, end user voting begins

Oct 8, 2010 – End user voting ends at 12:00AM PDT

October 9, 2010 -- Finalists announced

Oct 15, 2010 – Winners announced on the Roku website, and by email.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos