Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrChris
Visitor

tv schedule layout

How did time warner create such a beautiful looking tv schedule layout on the roku? I'd like to recreate it - any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: tv schedule layout

Learn to program with roScreen, I would think
0 Kudos
adrianc1982
Visitor

"Komag" wrote:

you could use epggrid inside RSG which does a lot of what TC needs BUT you will have to hack your way through finding how to use it properly since theres no documentation other and a very simple example on the forums.
But if you are an okay roku developer you should figure it out in a couple of days...
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"adrianc1982" wrote:
you could use epggrid inside RSG which does a lot of what TC needs BUT you will have to hack your way through finding how to use it properly since theres no documentation other and a very simple example on the forums.
But if you are an okay roku developer you should figure it out in a couple of days...

... and if you will be so fracked if RokuCo removes that component as suddenly as they yanked the docs on it.

@Roku: EpgGrid - will it stay or will it go?! 
0 Kudos
adrianc1982
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
"adrianc1982" wrote:

... and if you will be so fracked if RokuCo removes that component as suddenly as they yanked the docs on it.

as long as it works why not use it? besides since its a roku component its optimized 🙂
If they remove the component down the road at least your server side implementation is still working and you will only have to worry about the gui on roku.
But i agree we should be discussing whats the best strategy to build a guide as optimized as possible.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"adrianc1982" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:

as long as it works why not use it? besides since its a roku component its optimized 🙂

#head {scratch: true}
Hm, such thinking works if one writes only private channels with limited distribution - or if one is delusional that the Co. will give advance notice about withdrawing a feature from the firmware. They do not, however. 
0 Kudos
Dhir_Pratap
Streaming Star

"Komag" wrote:

This does not help much 😞 Any working sample or recommended component would be great!!
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

It helps because it steers you on the right path, so you avoid trying to do with built in pages or with roImageCanvas. The SDK contains examples to learn from for screen, and the SDK docs teach you a lot. To learn it you have to start with basics, do a Hello World, try to draw and manipulate some rectangles or sprites, etc.
0 Kudos