Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikehanel
Visitor

springboard images

I am using openRokn to build my channel. I am almost finished but one last problem I have is that my first screen is all flat-portrait grid images (Crackle style). Some of them go directly to the springboard (which gives me a portrait size image for the poster art). But some of the videos that you can choose on my first screen take you to poster screen with landscape images (similar to picking a show with many episodes). And when you choose one of those the image on the springboard is inside a portrait frame with space on the top and bottom. Any ideas how to remove the springboard image border? Some of the images on my springboards are portrait and some are landscape. I don't want to have to stretch/crop/or leave white bars on the sides of the images to make them fit in the frames
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: springboard images

The contentType attribute of your content-meta-data controls the style of the springboard poster:

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... oardScreen

There's also SetPosterStyle() which can override that defaul:

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... ringasVoid
0 Kudos
mikehanel
Visitor

Re: springboard images

thanks for trying to help, but what i am trying to do is set 2 different sets of dimensions depending on which video is picked. Some of them need to be portrait and others landscape. Every time i change one of those settings it changes it for all of the images. I found ways to stretch and crop the images so that they fit in the frame but then my images don't look the way i intended (either squashed or stretched out or missing text because of cropping). Any help with this would be appreciated. I mostly would be happy with just geting rid of the frame around the images if possible. Thanks
0 Kudos