Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

simple video player example

Ok, am i missing something here? but when i try to load the example and no matter what the video doesnt play

I checked the video location its there

i added a few more things to be on the safe side to the zip file

- url utilities
- general dlgs
- general Utils

all i get is it starts the video screen then goes back out and says that no stream when indeed there is
------ Running ------
showSpringboardScreen
Button pressed: 1 0
Displaying video: http://video.ted.com/talks/podcast/CraigVenter_2008_480.mp4

srt = file://pkg:/source/craigventer.srt
play failed: No streams were provided for playback.
Closing video screen

again this is without any modifications to the example except chaging this print command down a bit so i can see it actually display

Displaying video: http://video.ted.com/talks/podcast/Crai ... 08_480.mp4

the print was above the urls

what is missing to actually make this work? I can not be the only one who has had this issue ... I am sure its something small and silly like the regscreen where you need to uncomment something or it will never work.
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: simple video player example

The issue is for some reason with the "qualities" in the example.

its set like this

qualities ="HD"

if i set it to SD it plays, the reason is i see in the "item" above in this example it says: IsHD =false
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

The isHD and HDBranded attributes apply to a content item as a whole. Each content item can have any number of streams associated with it and those streams can be any mix of SD and HD. So it isn't incorrect for a content item's isHD attribute to not match one of its subordinate streams' quality attribute. It is a little weird the way it was done in this particular example though.

My guess is that the real reason it wouldn't work is that your box is running in SD mode. A box in SD mode will not attempt to play a stream whose quality attribute is HD. The simplevideoplayer example without modification runs fine on my box when it's in HD mode, but fails to play the video in SD mode.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

I thought that too Chris but my box is set to HD thats how i came to that assumption of that being the reason it did that.

guess i could be wrong, but it was an assumption 😉 and it worked when i made it SD so thought i was right
0 Kudos
DDock
Visitor

simple video player example, HELP!

Ok so I'm working on my first Roku channel and need some quick help. No matter what I create I am getting this error code after my Springboard:

An error occurred while attempting to compile the application:

------->Script directory "/source" does not exist in zip archive.

Does this have to do with the zip creation or the makefile? Even when I take one of the example zips, unzip them on my Mac (snow leopard) then rezip it gives the same error without changing any of the script. The examples load fine if I just load the original zip. What am I missing?
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: simple video player example, HELP!

"DDock" wrote:
Ok so I'm working on my first Roku channel and need some quick help. No matter what I create I am getting this error code after my Springboard:

An error occurred while attempting to compile the application:

------->Script directory "/source" does not exist in zip archive.

Does this have to do with the zip creation or the makefile? Even when I take one of the example zips, unzip them on my Mac (snow leopard) then rezip it gives the same error without changing any of the script. The examples load fine if I just load the original zip. What am I missing?

Be sure you are zipping up the contents of your directory and not the directory itself. Your package needs to be structured as myChannel.zip/source and not mychannel.zip/myChannel/source.
0 Kudos
DDock
Visitor

Thanks! That was exactly my issue. Now I'm just having a parsing feed problem 😞
0 Kudos