Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

[sg.scene.bitmap.big] Warning! Loaded texture larger than the UI resolution

Roku3 4400X firmware 8.0.0 build 4143-04
Scenegraph overhang poster  issue
For Roku Settings/Display Type is detected as 1080p HDCP 1.4

I am loading a jpg from the package - the jpg is 1920 x 130 resolution.
In the XML I have
<Poster translation="[0,0]" uri="pkg:/images/overhangfhd.jpg" width="1920" height="130"  />

This looks just fine as my manifest for the package states "hd,fhd" for the resolutions.
If I change the manifest to be "hd" only, then all the icons and everything is nearly twice as big on the screen.
If I change the manifest to be "fhd" only, then it looks and acts the same as having "hd,fhd" in the manifest.

If I load the overhanghd.jpg image, which is 1280x130, and I change the width to 1280 in the xml then it doesn't cover the entire top of the screen like it should, so loading the overhangfhd 1920x130 image must be correct?

Anyway, the debugger states -
[sg.scene.bitmap.big] Warning! Loaded texture larger than the UI resolution (1920 x 130) - pkg:/images/overhangfhd.jpg

What would be the proper way to keep the debugger happy and still have the image cover the width of the screen?  It appears that for Roku3 I'll need to load the 1280x130 image file for it, and then in the xml have it stretch to 1920x130.  That gets rid of the warning but it's distorting the image to fit it into the entire width.

On Roku4 it is happy loading the 1920 image itself without a warning posted to the debugger about it.

Is this an accurate conclusion?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
guri

Re: [sg.scene.bitmap.big] Warning! Loaded texture larger than the UI resolution

Use loadWidth and loadHeight to remove this warning.

0 Kudos
sanity-check
Roku Guru

Re: [sg.scene.bitmap.big] Warning! Loaded texture larger than the UI resolution

Or have multiple versions of assets for different resolutions and use uri_resolution_autosub in the manifest 

https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/getting-started/architecture/channel-manifes...

0 Kudos