Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaxim
Visitor

scaling does not work on Labels

I am testing on 2 rokus: a Roku 4 and a very scaled down version of the roku (Roku express).
I am setting the scaling of the thumbnail properties to indicate when the thumbnail is in focus. On a Roku4 device, this looks just fine. On the Roku express device, all of the elements of the thumbnail scale property except for the labels. On only on the Roku Express, I can set the font and width/height of the labels and achieve the result I am looking for, but then the question arises whether other devices have this short coming. I can assume this only happens on low powered devices, but that is an assumption, I am not sure I can make.

Why is this happening? What is the rule so I can build it into the logic? 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: scaling does not work on Labels

Which version of the Roku Express is this?  The 3700/3710 model from 2016 or the 3900/3910 model from 2017?  This might help if determining if the bug is related to the device's internal graphics implementation.
0 Kudos
jaxim
Visitor

This is the model: Roku express 3700x.
0 Kudos
jaxim
Visitor

p.s. I mentioned that I can set the font size and width/height but that is less than ideal since the look of the text doesn't stay consistent as the thumbnail gradually gets bigger or smaller. As I change the font size, the break of the text changes which looks odd. 

Ideally this bug can be fixed for ALL devices, or there is a way to create a bitmap from the text (like other platforms can) and then it would be easier to scale a bitmap than text.
0 Kudos