Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: saving variable.

Hey RokuMarkn , still out there?

I've tried a bunch of things, but since this should work I'm a bit ay a loss to find the issue, I can say that changing the variable-passing-line at the end of the function
DisplayInfomenu(cat, mouse)

to virtually anything seems to have no effect on the Type mismatch error.

Thanks
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

I didn't see the problem on a cursory review of your code. I'm pretty busy right now and don't have time to study it in detail. Maybe someone else can find the bug for you. Otherwise you could PM me a zip of your whole project so I can run it myself. I can't promise when I could get to it though.

--Mark
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
I didn't see the problem on a cursory review of your code. I'm pretty busy right now and don't have time to study it in detail. Maybe someone else can find the bug for you. Otherwise you could PM me a zip of your whole project so I can run it myself. I can't promise when I could get to it though.

--Mark

Well I solved the problem, or rather I solved the last 1% of it, so just wanted to say that i appreciate your efforts Mark. The only downside is that i have no clue why this worked, but it did so I'll be happy in my successful ignorance. I just made a function of the variable you previously wrote, and put it right after the "Function newPhotoFromXML(http As Object, xml As Object) As Object" function near the beginning of the file. Dont call it or anything it just sits there but it makes the whole thing work downstream.

Function CurPhoto()

if msg.isPlaybackPosition() then
onscreenphoto = msg.GetIndex()
curr_photo = photolist[onscreenphoto]
endif

End Function

Thanks again
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos