Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guidamedia2
Visitor

roVideoScreen Errors

I need an example of how to get the Roku Internal Error? Does anyone have one? The documentation states
Roku Internal Errors

When you get an error code of -3, the Roku Internal Error number may have further meaning to Roku Developer Support.
It's good to record these roku internal errors whenever you get a -3 Error number.

I am suddenly having issues where my video's stop playing. I get a generic message and info using msg.GetMessage() and msg.GetInfo(), but nothing detailed enough so have a better idea to fix.

Here is the data:

msg.GetIndex -3
msg.GetData 0
msg.GetMessage An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
msg.GetInfo()
StreamBitrate: 1500000
MeasuredBitrate: 13039
Url: ...
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roVideoScreen Errors

You could try setting up an roSystemLog and listening for "http.error" events. I know the error states that it's not HTTP, but there might be something in there that's enlightening.
You might also look to see if msg.GetInt() gives you any information.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
guidamedia2
Visitor

I will try the roSystemLog(). I did receive some new errors:

• IsUnderrun: true - I noticed the position went from 336 seconds into the video to 18

• msg.GetMessage The format is not supported or the media is corrupt - I just started getting this error today.

We have over 160k of videos, and some are SD. On the Roku2 box, these play in SD format, but on the Roku1 I develop on, the video stretches the entire HD screen. Could that be the issue?
0 Kudos
Xerces77
Visitor

I'm getting the same errors on my channel and I believe it started over the weekend (October 27-28, 2012) My Roku has software version 3.1 r1011.

None of my videos are playing and I'm getting:
http error: -1 URL: <I'm concealing my URL>
showVideoScreen | msg = An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected. | index = -3 | msgInfo = StreamBitrate: 294000
MeasuredBitrate: 5778
0 Kudos
guidamedia2
Visitor

I feel your pain... here is what I did to resolve the issue:

sdata = dDefaultsMetaDataStreamGet()
sdata.url = xml@media_stream
sdata.contentid = some_value
bitrates = [330, 660, 996, 2048]
for each br in bitrates
sdata.bitrate = br
episode.Streams.Push(sdata)
end for

Function dDefaultsMetaDataStreamGet() As Object
output = CreateObject("roAssociativeArray")
output.url = ""
output.bitrate = 0
output.quality = false
output.contentid = ""
output.stickyredirect = false
return output
End Function

I am not using StreamBitrates.
0 Kudos