Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

roVideoPlayer not working on roScreen when Roku's in SD mode

My game (Retaliate) is set to go live this next Thursday pending a quick fix to a seperate issue in the SD mode version. No problem there. However, in fixing this SD mode bug I noticed my promo videos are no longer playing on the Score Screen. These are just my personal promo videos for the Android version of my game, they are just .mp4's hosted on amazon S3.

There are a few things confusing me about this. Why does everything work fine when the Roku player is in an HD display mode? And why did it randomly stop working? I am 99% sure that this was working perfectly fine when I originally submitted my channel, I have made no changes since then.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roVideoPlayer not working on roScreen when Roku's in SD

Are you calling SetDestinationRect() on the roVideoPlayer and passing in the correct SD coordinates? While the HD roScreen should scale automatically, you still need to position the roVideoPlayer based on a 720x480 screen.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

Re: roVideoPlayer not working on roScreen when Roku's in SD

Saved again by TheEndless! Thanks man, that was exactly it. I guess maybe my "99% sure it was working before" was a lapse in memory. 😛
0 Kudos