Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roSlideShow and 3.0

Interesting. It must have had a huge chunk size so that it never needed them. It never used them or I'd have never been able to view photos and that multiple request thing (not ranges, the whole file) is definitely new.

Any comment about the -3 index?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Not sure how I missed this before, but in the documentation for the isRequestFailed() event for the roVideoScreen, there is a reference to the -3 error code.

• When you get an error code of -3, the Roku Internal Error number may have further meaning to Roku Developer Support.
• It’s good to record these roku internal errors whenever you get a -3 Error number.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's interesting, but that is for roVideoScreen and not roSlideShow. The Index for roVideoScreen returns an error code whereas for roSlideShow it should return the index of the "problem" slide presumably so you can tell which one is the problem slide. It still might be worthwhile to see if the Data gives any kind of internal error code, although the documentation says Data will equal 0 for isRequestFailed().

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"renojim" wrote:
That's interesting, but that is for roVideoScreen and not roSlideShow. The Index for roVideoScreen returns an error code whereas for roSlideShow it should return the index of the "problem" slide presumably so you can tell which one is the problem slide. It still might be worthwhile to see if the Data gives any kind of internal error code, although the documentation says Data will equal 0 for isRequestFailed().

-JT

I know it's for a different component. I just thought it was too much of a coincidence to not mention it when I ran across it today. Maybe the behavior was changed in 3.0 and the documentation wasn't updated, or maybe the documentation is just wrong... or maybe it's coincidence...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos