Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkipFire
Visitor

roListScreen hide/set image & description

I am using the roListScreen and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, and I am hoping there is a way I can make it behave the way I want. I have the list showing the correct data, but I never have images.

Is there a way to mark the page as not using poster images and the short description so the list items can be wider? I'm thinking kind of like hiding the star rating on the springboard so there is more room for text.

Problem 2 is that below the image where the doucmenation says there is a short description I just get the title. I am guessing I am not setting the main meta-data element that goes there so it falls back to title, but what meta-data should end up there?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roListScreen hide/set image & description

The text on the right, under the poster is ShortDescriptionLine1 and ShortDescriptionLine2. The text on the button is Title.
If you specify a ListItemHighlightHD/SD graphic via the theme, the available text width for the button will adjust to the width of the provided graphic. You'll get odd results if you do supply a poster, but if you're not, then it should work the way you're wanting.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
SkipFire
Visitor

Thanks for pointing out what I should have seen, that it is ShortDescriptionLine1 and 2.

But no way to switch them off? I'm thinking that setting the list item graphic wider will make the text displaying below the poster appear odd. Right now I am using the same code for populating the list as I use for my poster screens, but this subset never has images so the list is a great option, if I can get a smidge more control over it.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Only way to turn them off that I'm aware of is removing those two values (ShortDescriptionLine1/2) from the metadata.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos