Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Streaming Star

roImageCanvas and roVideoPlayer

Am I missing a setting? I created an roImageCanvas, and then started roVideoPlayer and loaded in the content metadata for a video, and set the target rectangle to fullscreen, but it doesn't seem to be possible to create a 1920x1080 imagecanvas object. So playback of a 1080p video crunches/squeezes it down to fit 1280x720. You can tell on playback becuase it produces graphical anomolies in the video presentation.
roVideoScreen can play the 1080p video just fine. How (if possible) can I get it to play full size on an roImageCanvas screen?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roImageCanvas and roVideoPlayer

The graphics layer is 720p only, so I don't think you can. The Roku 2 does native 1080p on the graphics layer, but I think it just upscales the 720p screens.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: roImageCanvas and roVideoPlayer

Thanks. I thought I had a code error or wasn't sizing the rectangles correctly for 1080p. We'll be getting our roku2 dev boxes soon.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.