Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedashford
Channel Surfer

roGridScreen and mixed-aspect-ratio (Distorted Images)

We've got a mixed-aspect-ratio roGridScreen with square and portrait. For some reason the images get distorted. Either stretched or centered in an invisible portrait frame (see image - this is set to photo-fit). If left a defualt, they stretch to fill a portrait even if the boundaries are square. Even worse, the behavior is random, each time I open the channel, a different menu item may be out of place.

I've tried so many different combinations, but nothing works. Has anyone else gotten a mixed-aspect-ratio roGridScreen to work properly?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jedashford
Channel Surfer

Re: roGridScreen and mixed-aspect-ratio (Distorted Images)

I've pulled the images down locally and converted to jpg. They now load mostly correct. Every few loads, they get distorted. If anyone has any insight into this, it would be great before we ship it.
0 Kudos
jedashford
Channel Surfer

I think I finally tracked this down. The images were too big. I had them resized to the correct pixel HD and SD sizes in the documentation. I'm unable to see them skew or shift anymore. +1 for documentation and -1 for me not double checking the sizes coming from the designer.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

The other gridscreen types will fit the images as required. So it's odd that this one is so picky.
0 Kudos
jedashford
Channel Surfer

Actually just kidding, it is still randomly reproducable. The smaller images helped, it still happens. Still leaning toward a firmware bug since there is no way I can alter the aspect ratio per column in each row, but this is what the system is doing.
0 Kudos