Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshuascott
Visitor

roGridScreen Poster Starting Position

Hello,

I am new to brightscript and am working to modify the simple grid example to work as a starting place for a new channel I am creating.

I am retrieving my titles and posters via a web service call. I am parsing the returned JSON and it is working beautifully.

The only problem is that if a category only has one movie it is putting the poster in the middle rather than starting at the left. Is there a way to specify that the grid fill from left to right rather than starting in the center?

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mikehanel
Visitor

Re: roGridScreen Poster Starting Position

i am using the openRokn template and I modified which poster was in focus by changing the line: grid.SetFocusedListItem(0,0)
the 0,0 means first frame in the first row. Not sure if this will help you
0 Kudos
joshuascott
Visitor

Thanks @mikehanel. That doesn't seem to fix it.

Basically If I have 5 or more shows it works fine, but if I have less than that for example only 3 episodes it shows up like this:

_ _ X X X (with the _ being blank spots in the grid and the X being posters). What I would like it to look like is:

X X X _ _ (filling starting from the left rather than from the center position.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Josh
0 Kudos
mikehanel
Visitor

try to put (0,2) instead of (0,0)
0 Kudos