Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALTV
Reel Rookie

"shortFormVideos" is showing on my channel

I am converting my Direct Publisher channel to the template provided. I have the channel working although it doesn't look very nice, IMO. I'll continue working on that.

The problem I have that I would like to resolve is: the word "shortFormVideos" is showing on my channel above the video list. It seems to be coming from my XML file. I tried changing the name there but Roku does not process the file.

Any ideas on how I can rename or change this label?

shortformvideos.png

Thanks in advance.

Tommy

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: "shortFormVideos" is showing on my channel

Those templates aren't meant to be a one for one tool. Their purpose is tutorial in nature. In fact, there are some problems with them as you've seen.

If you continue to use the template, you'll need to dig into the code to correct any problems.  Or, you can use the tool in my signature to generate your channel code.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos