Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivdev
Visitor

"There was an error retrieving channel information." error

Hi!

When I am going to the list of channels for my app https://developer.roku.com/developer-channels/channels

Then click on "Preview and Update", I am seeing the following error: "There was an error retrieving channel information. Please try again by reloading your browser or contact customer service for more information."

Any ideas on how this issue can be resolved?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: "There was an error retrieving channel information." error

Seems to be working now. Try again and if issue, let us know more about the kind of channel (pvt/public/direct publisher), browser kind and version, OS kind and version etc
0 Kudos
vivdev
Visitor

Thanks! 
I was seeing the issue occuring in Safari (Version 10.0.1 (10602.2.14.0.7)) when going to https://developer.roku.com/developer-channels/channels, and on Chrome (Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit)) I saw a blank section.
The page loaded fine when going to an incognito window in Chrome, and I was able to "Preview and Update" there.

The channel was created using Direct Publisher.

Cheers

Viv
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Is it still happening, in non-incognito window?
If so, try purging all *.roku.com cookies and re-login
0 Kudos
pabl0
Reel Rookie

I need to bump this topic,

This issue happend to me today, on dashboard under "My channels" I've got this message with  "There was an error retrieving channel information", just after I manually tried to update my JSON feed.

When I go to "My channels" I am redirected to this:

Zrzut ekranu 2021-12-7 o 23.05.19.png

Already tried to clear cashe/cookies etc. on Chrome and Safari, I am on Mac system if this matters.

#EDIT: A day later out of nowhere it happens to work as before 😉

0 Kudos