Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veeta
Visitor

"Roku Connect"

Is there any documentation on this recommended item from the latest publishing checklist?

"For all authenticated apps (i.e. requiring a user login), the app is integrated with Roku Connect"
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: "Roku Connect"

Sounds like a technology that the Co has not yet unleashed at the world at large. It might be available to special partners though, one imagines.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

I did find something out there called "Roku Connect". It even has a Facebook page with a picture of a Christmas tree ornament with "Roku Connect" written on it. It's written in a foreign language, so I have no idea what it means.

Here's the link ...    [oh wait, I can't post links any more, so I won't]
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"belltown" wrote:

say what?
(are you cutting of the nose to spite the face?)

"Roku" is the Polish word for "year" ("rok") in dative grammatical case... so i read.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
"belltown" wrote:

say what?
(are you cutting of the nose to spite the face?)

"Roku" is the Polish word for "year" ("rok") in dative grammatical case... so i read.

Something like that. Anyway, links are working again: https://www.facebook.com/rokuconnect
0 Kudos
Veeta
Visitor

With no official comment, I can only guess this is defunct or only applicable to a particular subset of channels/features.  
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku Connect is a new feature that has only been discussed with a handful of chosen "early adopter" partners. It is still undocumented publicly, as we continue to track its implementation. However, in order to avoid updating the certification requirements and disseminating the addition of a new "Recommended" item, we preemptively listed the feature. Of course, the feature will remain optional ("Recommended") for some time, and certainly until it has been publicly documented for a sufficient length of time.
0 Kudos