Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judcoScott
Visitor

Re: /query/icon/xxxx

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
wow my set up is a bit more of a hack i suppose, lol...

i have my roku and a Laptop using a PC to Tv Converter connected to a A/V switch (w remote) this way i can watch the roku or the PC. this in my office

the output goes from the Switch to a rf modulator and then into a rf distribution amplifier i had laying around.

So in the TV room I then have a ant/cable switch where i can switch from my cable tv or from my roku/ pc on my TV. The output of that is then added to a 3 way. where 1 cable goes to the VCR, yes VCR, haha and the other cable goes to the bedrooms.

I can use the remote on the A/V switch for complete laziness to switch between my Laptop or Roku. and then the Coaxial switch to change between Cable Tv and what ever is coming down the pipe, Roku or Laptop. so with the flick of two switches i am watching the Roku in the bedroom as well as living room.

Now since i live alone right now, this set up works. but could easily be modified for multiple viewers in the house. Now if i could just get rid of Cable and my Internet bill would not shoot thru the roof i would do that. i rarely watch it and would rather pay for Hulu plus than for cable.

add in the dvp remote on my iPhone, i can be changing the channels from wherever i am in the house. and to save even more money i could use apps4tv remoku remote and also if i didnt have a Iphone or Ipod laying around.

this is more for Poor People like me!! lol... but it looks awesome what you made , can see something like this being useful in say a adobe air project as well.. thanks for your images to help open up more ideas

Are you using STB's ,or the tuner cards in the TV's to demod the cable? I see a cleaner sig path if theres standalone cable boxes...
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
www.rokucrestronmodule.com
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: /query/icon/xxxx

Nope I dont have any cable box at all. just coming in from the outside... the setup would be just a bit different if i did but basically the same
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos