Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judcoScott
Visitor

/query/icon/xxxx

Is there anywhere other than this where icons can be accessed ?
My problem is that for my purposes ( Crestron control and development) , using this method as an argument passed to a dynamic graphic only works on some interfaces.
What I am looking for is a directory path that ends in .png to serve to the remainder of the interfaces that don't like the current binary.
I am trying to get around grabbing this data and storing it locally, as at times flash capacity is at a premium.
Thanks, and a new interface will be posted shortly! ( once we sort out this .png thing...)
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
www.rokucrestronmodule.com
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
bheil123
Visitor

Re: /query/icon/xxxx

Scott,

There is no need to post grab all the bits from the /query/icon inside a crestron. Simply create the HTTP command that generates the query/icon as a crestron serial. Then attach that serial join to a dynamic graphic. I have tried this with ROKU and it is very fast.

Bill
0 Kudos
judcoScott
Visitor

"bheil123" wrote:
Scott,

There is no need to post grab all the bits from the /query/icon inside a crestron. Simply create the HTTP command that generates the query/icon as a crestron serial. Then attach that serial join to a dynamic graphic. I have tried this with ROKU and it is very fast.

Bill

Hi Bill, Thanks for the response!
I have been having success with the method you have just described, Xpanels are the exception so far, i imagine this will be fine on the 8x and the rest of the panels. Both iphone and ipad Mobile G interfaces are fine,
its just xpanels , they dont like the string unless it terminates in a .png or .bmp, etc .., thus this post.
Ive even tried /query/icon/15.png , no luck of course...
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
0 Kudos
judcoScott
Visitor

Crestron Mobile interface running just fine,
Xpanel running the same identical code...( the text btns you see are UNDER the dynamic graphic, just in case. Testing to a known path that ends in .png works fine on the xpanel though, go figure
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
0 Kudos
gonzotek
Visitor

"judcoScott" wrote:
"bheil123" wrote:
Scott,

Bill

I have been having success with the method you have just described, Xpanels are the exception so far, i imagine this will be fine on the 8x and the rest of the panels. Both iphone and ipad Mobile G interfaces are fine,
its just xpanels , they dont like the string unless it terminates in a .png or .bmp, etc .., thus this post.

What about this?
/query/icon/12#name.png
Google Chrome loads this correctly when it won't load /query/icon/12?name.png or /query/icon/12&name.png
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
judcoScott
Visitor

"gonzotek" wrote:
"judcoScott" wrote:
"bheil123" wrote:
Scott,

Bill

What about this?
/query/icon/12#name.png
Google Chrome loads this correctly when it won't load /query/icon/12?name.png or /query/icon/12&name.png

Great thinking - Looks like I owe you a beer!!!
That move just gave me my weekend back!! PM me your MAC ID if you have a proc ( sounds like you do..) , ill fire off a module to you in return for the excellent advice:)
If either one of you have a Crestron proc, please PM me with your proc's MAC ID , and an email, I will fire off modules to both of you 🙂
Gonzotek, and Bill..Thanks again- I was going lose the old bean on this one!!
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

i went to your site out of curiosity and had to say i googled what exactly was a Creston proc was.

well still a bit confused, what are you doing with these exactly?
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
gonzotek
Visitor

"judcoScott" wrote:

Great thinking - Looks like I owe you a beer!!!
That move just gave me my weekend back!! PM me your MAC ID if you have a proc ( sounds like you do..) , ill fire off a module to you in return for the excellent advice:)
If either one of you have a Crestron proc, please PM me with your proc's MAC ID , and an email, I will fire off modules to both of you 🙂
Gonzotek, and Bill..Thanks again- I was going lose the old bean on this one!!
Thanks, but I don't own any creston stuff. I've just seen a lot html/http interfaces and recognized the problem you were having as being similar to some I've encountered in the past and made a lucky guess 🙂 . It might even turn out to be useful to me someday ;).
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
judcoScott
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
i went to your site out of curiosity and had to say i googled what exactly was a Creston proc was.

well still a bit confused, what are you doing with these exactly?

www.crestron.com , of course, but the cliffs notes are as follows:
we use these control systems for residential and commercial automation.-And even marine (yachts) .

The Crestron procs have various output to devices , (rs-232/485) , relays, IR ports to send infared commands , Digital I/Os and of course good ol' Enet.
Between the combination of all of this, theres not many boxes out there that we cant put in a big pile and make them all play nice together 😉

Generally speaking, the layout is a equipment rack somewhere in a closet, touchpanel (or other interfaces) scattered throughout the house, and the Crestron proc driving it all.
All AV switching/power functions are fully automated, so the end user simply has to go to the panel and hit the "watch Roku" button.
This will turn on the TV, the AV reciever, wait for a few seconds to warm things up, then issue commands to switch everything so we can see and hear Roku.
By this time your panel has flipped to a page that looks like the ones above to control your selected device.

This is a very basic example of the capabilities of Crestron and control systems in general., but one of the most common.
Hope this helped a bit.
Scott Curry, CTO
Judco Electronics
www.judcoelectronics.com
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

wow my set up is a bit more of a hack i suppose, lol...

i have my roku and a Laptop using a PC to Tv Converter connected to a A/V switch (w remote) this way i can watch the roku or the PC. this in my office

the output goes from the Switch to a rf modulator and then into a rf distribution amplifier i had laying around.

So in the TV room I then have a ant/cable switch where i can switch from my cable tv or from my roku/ pc on my TV. The output of that is then added to a 3 way. where 1 cable goes to the VCR, yes VCR, haha and the other cable goes to the bedrooms.

I can use the remote on the A/V switch for complete laziness to switch between my Laptop or Roku. and then the Coaxial switch to change between Cable Tv and what ever is coming down the pipe, Roku or Laptop. so with the flick of two switches i am watching the Roku in the bedroom as well as living room.

Now since i live alone right now, this set up works. but could easily be modified for multiple viewers in the house. Now if i could just get rid of Cable and my Internet bill would not shoot thru the roof i would do that. i rarely watch it and would rather pay for Hulu plus than for cable.

add in the dvp remote on my iPhone, i can be changing the channels from wherever i am in the house. and to save even more money i could use apps4tv remoku remote and also if i didnt have a Iphone or Ipod laying around.

this is more for Poor People like me!! lol... but it looks awesome what you made , can see something like this being useful in say a adobe air project as well.. thanks for your images to help open up more ideas
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos