Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new channnel idea....if you need a new project

I really would like a channel for http://hockeystreams.com/

If anyone is looking for a new project. The development packet is not in my language. lol. I'm clueless as to building a channel.

If someone could build a channel for this site. It would be greatly appreciated !
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13

Re: new channnel idea....if you need a new project

As I understand it the folks that run the site are OK with it happening. Currently none of them are roku users. If a developer here needs a subscription to build a channel. Well I could possibly help with that. Or ask the site owners to give you a free sub to build the channel. I'm pretty sure they would be supportive. If your interested feel free to respond, or PM me I'll help however I can........
0 Kudos

I would love for this to become a channel on Roku, but I don't think the stream format is supported. Microsoft Silverlight / Windows Media???
Roku Streaming Stick - 3500R
Roku 2 XD - 3050R (wireless)
Roku HD - N1000 (wireless)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

It looks like they support iPhone streams.... This usually implies HLS which is compatible with the Roku.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"RokuKevin" wrote:
It looks like they support iPhone streams.... This usually implies HLS which is compatible with the Roku.

--Kevin

I think you're overgeneralizing. PlayOn outputs iPhone compatible HLS streams, but they won't play on the Roku.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

I'd like to understand why.... does anyone have a public hls feed I could point my roku box to that plays on iPhone/iPad but not on Roku??

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuKevin" wrote:
I'd like to understand why.... does anyone have a public hls feed I could point my roku box to that plays on iPhone/iPad but not on Roku??

--Kevin

While not technically "public" both TVersity's and PlayOn's HLS streams play on the iPhone, but not on the Roku. As far as I can tell from my limited snooping, it's down to the specific requirements described by RokuMarkn here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31056&p=190110&hilit=HLS#p190110

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
Yes, the audio must be AAC, not MP3. It must also be LC profile, not Main, and the ADTS headers must correctly indicate LC profile.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't have a server where I can host them, but if you're interested I could probably package the .ts files I created with PlayOn and upload them somewhere. However, like TheEndless said the first problem is that the audio is mp3. The second problem is that the video barely plays at all, it's more like a new frame is produced every 10 or 20 seconds.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Quite possibly the video problem is related to the incompatible audio. The A/V sync logic may be doing something weird as it tries to sync video to the non-playable audio.

--Mark
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

here try this stream mark

it works just fine on my iPhone

http://77.67.108.148/213.254.245.221/4c3437f87a999/514/stream.m3u8

seems it using .mp3 audio is there any reason that Roku doesnt support mp3 audio in HLS but it supports mp3's in audio files
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos