Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsj123
Visitor

Re: myth tv channel

Could you please give an example of a cgi script running a query against a mysql database? Currently writing the query I need to extract the data from the database.

--Stephen
0 Kudos
zimbra
Visitor

"jsj123" wrote:
Could you please give an example of a cgi script running a query against a mysql database? Currently writing the query I need to extract the data from the database.

--Stephen

Check out the DBI and DBD::mysql perl modules on cpan.org, they're very well documented.
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

There is also PHP (which I feel is a bit more friendly), python, ruby? etc... google is you friend, there is a LOT of information. Take a tutorial for a few languages and pick the one you like the best.

Tommy
0 Kudos
jsj123
Visitor

It works.

I am currently running the encode script by hand, but I will soon get it integrated into mythtv job system. My encodes look terrible, I suspect ipod video formats are not HD :).

We have the following 3 scripts:

Myth.brs - Does all the roku magic.
recorded_shows.xml - accesses the mythtv database and presents a list of shows in xml to the brightscript code
transcode_mp4 - creates lousy h.264 encodes of mpeg2 files

All of this will be available by Monday, or when we get the code all pretty. I also need to write a list of instructions, which based upon my prior attempts at documentation, nobody will understand.

There is still a lot of things to be implemented,

1. store current position in show. Thought I might create a new database table for this kind of stuff. This one I will do.

2. Delete shows from mythtv. This might be a simple database update, but I am not sure. Oops, we

The stuff I am not going to do:

1. List a tv schedule and schedule a future recording. I can probably give the information in xml, but the navigation/selection logic is an SEP.

2. Live TV. Want it bad, no idea how to do it.

--Stephen
0 Kudos
bblboy54
Visitor

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I really would love to be able to use my Roku as my only video source!
0 Kudos