Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

my next channel-- need dev testers

https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=PYNBY

its still not pulling the wrestling etc videos but will be doing that soon, for now its just pulling some of my fishing channel ones...

one thing i noticed is that I have to relink each update, i'm a bit worried about that, if someone knows what i am doing wrong let me know. never have updated a channel before so not sure if its a registry issue or when i package but it never read my token and i had to relink.

here are some of the features:

1.) free and paid users get different screens throughout, editable via website admin section
2.) welcome screen is editable via admin section on website to change message displayed to users
3.) free users get pre/post roll ads to view, and right now its set set for only 2 min previews( also editable via admin)
4.) banners rotate with all playing a video ad. ( only one is playing now its all i put in the DB)
5.) has radio/ podcast section. Just have a video feed right now for testing
6.) has live streaming section, when not live will play a random video. (set with preroll ad right now as free user)
7.) search section... not hooked up yet because need to migrate to the fighting DB but will work when connected.
8.) add video to playlist for later viewing
9.) tweet the video your watching - need to link at website.
10.) users can update their membership and link to an existing account without needing to go to the website
11.) categories are 4 deep for example:

-- MMA
-- Promoter
-- Event # 001
-- Fight #1

# 11 is why its been causing me so many issues, the video player example is 3 deep. we needed 4 deep cause each Fight is a different video, they were encoded to play all as one event.
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: my next channel-- need dev testers

well i see i have had quite a few installs on the channel, but no comments.

is anyone finding any bugs? i want to hook up the database pretty soon and try to launch here pretty soon.

can anyone tell me also about needing to relink after updating the package? what are some common reasons for this so i can check into them please.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
can anyone tell me also about needing to relink after updating the package? what are some common reasons for this so i can check into them please.

Sounds like you're not signing the channel with the same developer key. Access to the data in the registry is tied to the key you sign the app with, so if you're using a different key each time, you'll lose your settings each time. The published channel also uses a different registry section than your side-loaded dev channel, so they won't be able to share data, either.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

So let me see if i understand. i don't need to do a "genKey" each time i update? i use the same password and DevID every time?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
So let me see if i understand. i don't need to do a "genKey" each time i update? i use the same password and DevID every time?

You definitely shouldn't do a genkey each time you update the same channel. And you may even want to use the same key for multiple channels if you want them to be able to access the same registry sections (ex. for shared configuration).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

again i see quite a few people have added the channel, not 100% sure they are all developers either but if any have, could you tell me what your thoughts are and if you have found any bugs or crashing or anything?
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

anyone?
0 Kudos

I'm not a channel dev, but I have tested beta channels before. You probably won't get many replies as it is subscription based channel.

From the previews I can see. The channel looks pretty stable. Home screen display looks nice. I like the color scheme. Navigation seems to be snappy. Preview videos seem to play fine. From what I can see as a non subscriber. The channel looks pretty stable.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

thank you!!

i want to start migrating the Database over. and then launch next week if possible.

The channel will be free mostly with just some paid events... in fact everything you get for free now as a member of the site will be free to view on Roku as far as i been told.

the preview etc is more for testing, and prob wont even make it to the final channel... but was a way of testing viewing a "paid" event with a free preview.

I highly appreciate your response and if you have seen anything else or find feel free to tell me
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

finally getting the Database migrated over so please go and check it out....

I am still having issues with just upgrading an existing package, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the channel

https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=PYNBY

I am aware that the Muay Thai image is not available...
0 Kudos