Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mixe
Visitor

manifest file

Hi I have been trying to figure out what meta-data parameters are available to go into the manifest file.
The meta data is described in component reference manual for SDK 3.0 does not seem to be complete as the release notes and DesignGuide mention other parameters, which are required for the channel store and the info button information. Has anyone got a complete list of the current meta data tags that can be used. The documentation also mentions looking a the simpleinfo app, which appears to be the same as all the other examples.

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: manifest file

Component Reference pages 11, 12, 13, and 14. Simpleinfo isn't mentioned at all in the component reference guide for 3.0 SDK that I have?

The contents of the application manifest are:
major_version=1
minor_version=2
build_version=150
title=My Video Application
subtitle=providing the latest in cool videos
mm_icon_focus_hd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_focus_hd.png
mm_icon_side_hd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_side_hd.png
mm_icon_focus_sd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_focus_sd.png
mm_icon_side_sd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_side_sd.png

Anything from 2.6 and newer is optional.
screensaver_title
screensaver_private
hidden
requires_audiometadata
requires_mkv

audiometadata is explained near the end of the component reference pdf - page 127.
0 Kudos
mixe
Visitor

Thanks

I was hoping there might be a few more as some what I could surmise from the documentation the following tags are also availalbe

description=
channel_name=
parental_hints=
additional_requirements=

and developer= might also be valid
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

mixe,

Those parameters aren't valid in the manifest. We do have fields like that in the channel store and when you submit your channel for publishing you will see where you will enter them on the developer site.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
mixe
Visitor

Thanks, but in that case how do you set up the description text on the info '*' button

I tried adding description= and works!
0 Kudos