Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

making a poster item non selectable if

finally the last component in this channel!! i got the search working BUT one thing i dont like.

if there are no search results i have a "no results" image on the poster screen.

how can i keep this from being clicked on and the viewer is brought to the springboards, and empty one obviously.

i have the xml coming back almost empty besides this image, maybe is it possible to set it up so if it doesnt send back a certain variable it wont be selectable?

i will piddle thru the code to see but was wondering if anyone else has done something like this
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: making a poster item non selectable if

Just check it on the isListItemSelected() event and don't run the springboard code if it's your "no results" item.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

thanks endless but for some reason it didnt work that way for me but after printing and printing i found where it was...

now this could be cause i did some changes in the search screen that it wouldnt work as you described but what i did was on the spring board screen i added this

vidTitle = showList[showIndex].Title

if vidTitle = "No Results Found" then
print "Don't show Springboard because vid Title = "; vidTitle
return -1
end if

hope that helps someone...
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
auzy
Binge Watcher

I concur, I took a similar approach - well done.
0 Kudos