Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcl
Channel Surfer

HMS v2.0

I've started committing changes for the v2.0 release of my Home Media Server project here at github. Feel free to clone, fork, contribute, etc.

In its current form it is functional, you can play video with it and add cover art files and TV show descriptions.

This version is a radical departure from the v1.X series, on the server side it requires only a http server with directory listings turned on. Everything else is client side, or controlled by the directory structure and some control files (mostly optional) in the directory structure. This should make it much easier for users to get setup.

I have also started a Google Group for support at here.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: HMS v2.0

one issue i found was once you put a address in there and it isnt correct you cant go back in and change it it just brings you back out to the channels again....
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
one issue i found was once you put a address in there and it isnt correct you cant go back in and change it it just brings you back out to the channels again....

Heh. Good point. I have a setup menu, but it is added to the directory listing pages and if you can't get to there from here...

I would be useful if there was a way to add setup screens to the system's configuration section.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

you can put that set up screen elsewhere if thats what you mean...

appHome.brs

first change what you have to this in the showHomeScreen function

else if msg.isListItemSelected() then
print "list item selected | index = "; msg.GetIndex()
kid = m.Categories.Kids[msg.GetIndex()]
if kid.type = "settings" then
print "settings"

something here for settings maybe this?? not sure
checkServerUrl(forceEdit As Boolean)

else if kid.type = "special_category" then
displaySpecialCategoryScreen()
else

displayCategoryPosterScreen(kid)

then in your initCategoryList add this:

m.CategoryNames = conn.GetCategoryNames(m.Categories)

m.Categories.Kids.Push({ Type: "Settings", ShortDescriptionLine1: "Settings", ShortDescriptionLine2: "", HDPosterUrl: "pkg:/images/XXXX", SDPosterUrl: "pkg:/images/XXXX" })

i think that is all i will check it out in the morning and see, but give that a try... get ya some pics to add in there for settings and figure out how you want to call the keyboard screen.

Hope that helps and that i am right :?
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Thanks, but that wasn't the problem (that code actually wasn't being used). The issue is detecting bad urls or directories that cannot be parsed. I just pushed a new version to github that handles most cases. What's missing is refreshing things when a new server is entered while several levels deep.
0 Kudos