Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zapp1961
Visitor

keypress/search

So far, I get a valid response from my Roku 4630X when I send the keypress/search command but nothing ever happens on any screen.  All other keypress commands that I use work as expected.  Is this function not implemented?  If so, when can I expect it?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: keypress/search

"zapp1961" wrote:
So far, I get a valid response from my Roku 4630X when I send the keypress/search command but nothing ever happens on any screen.  All other keypress commands that I use work as expected.  Is this function not implemented?  If so, when can I expect it?

If you are expecting that sending keypress/search would navigate the UI to the global Roku search UI, as the SDK "External Control Guide" documentation would lead you to believe, that isn't implemented.  The documentation is incorrect, and has never worked as described as far as I know.  The Search key is now reserved for use with physical remote controls having the voice search function.

You might want to look at using the ECP search/browse command instead.
0 Kudos
zapp1961
Visitor

Re: keypress/search

That works perfectly.  Thank you
0 Kudos