Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtr33me
Visitor

isTimedMetadata is not working

It seems that the handling of isTimedMetaData() is not working in the latest firmware build. It is always returning false now and isStreamSegmentInfo is returning true. I went to the top of the the message handler check to print out the msg.isTimedMetaData for each message coming in and isTimedMetaData is always returning false, but I know for sure that the timedMetaData is there.

I went back to one of our older demos that we have been using in the past and it now has no activity with displaying ID3 info due to the value of false always being returned. It seems my roku was set for auto-updating so I am unsure as to which build this occurred in, but I am definitely seeing it in the current Software Version 6.1 and Build 5604. I currently have a Roku stick as well that I know is working now that is running software version 5.6 and build 2047 if that helps any and I just enabled wifi with the stick booted, to prevent the autoupdate and went into our app on the older build and it is working properly (handling isTimedMetadata) and is displaying the ID3 as expected.

This is an HLS stream and I saw in the forums that there are a number of issues going on with HLS at this moment.

Any help or update would be great. Thanks!

Kindly
Dan
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
xtr33me
Visitor

Re: isTimedMetadata is not working

Any update as to when this will be fixed?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: isTimedMetadata is not working

Hi, can you PM me the URL of a running stream our engineering team can test? Might take them a while to get to testing it, so the stream or file should stay available for a few weeks at least.

- Joel
0 Kudos