Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Growing channel user base.

I launched my channel at the beginning of May. 80% of our installs came in the first month while the channel was listed as a "new channel". I was shocked at the install drop off at the beginning of June. Can anyone give some good tips to grow installs? I am open to free or paid options as long as they are effective. Advertising on Roku is too expensive for me right now.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Growing channel user base.

Include the url of your app's page on Roku.com in newsletters, tweets, facebook posts, email newsletters, radio advertising, and create QR codes for the URL to use in Magazine and Newspaper ads, to put on refrigerator magnets, coffee cups, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hats etc. Traditional media isn't dead and might even be better than digital social media in some cases.

Word of mouth is still the way businesses succeed as far as I'm aware, so just get the word out and make it easy for people to find and install your channel.

- Joel
0 Kudos

"RokuJoel" wrote:
Include the url of your app's page on Roku.com in newsletters, tweets, facebook posts, email newsletters, radio advertising, and create QR codes for the URL to use in Magazine and Newspaper ads, to put on refrigerator magnets, coffee cups, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hats etc. Traditional media isn't dead and might even be better than digital social media in some cases.

Word of mouth is still the way businesses succeed as far as I'm aware, so just get the word out and make it easy for people to find and install your channel.

- Joel

Thanks Joel. Have you heard of any channels using Reddit advertising?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

No, I don't know anything about Reddit's ad program.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Ace
Visitor

Excellent info!
0 Kudos