Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

how to debug a channel in the channel store

I am having serious issues with my new channel, when i use it on my local machine works just fine...

but the private channel just keeps tossing me out, its at the appvideo screen, and its very strange it does everything it is supposed to on the channel here locally but in the channel it will just go back each layer and then out to the main menu
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: how to debug a channel in the channel store

The only differences between the side-loaded and store-loaded channels are the devID and private key that signs the package is different. The most likely difference this makes to your code is some state loaded in the registry that is different between the two.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

kevin, but why would it be working just fine locally and not in the private channel?

i just linked using the same userID as the local and it does the same thing. i push play to watch video and it goes back one layer and then to home screen and then out of the channel all together.

It shows NO errors in the local channel...

what does the rekey do? and does that mean the user would have to once again relink if i do that?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Rekeying - if the key is different, then yes. You can clear all keys by doing a factory default on the box which will force relinking as well. If your local copy of the channel works and the private channel copy doesn't, then you might want to reupload it to verify the code is the same, and probably increase the version number to be certain the channel gets updated. In the debugger you can look at all the saved data for the registry for the channel, as well as clear it out manually if necessary, for just that channel for your local copy - I don't think that works for private channels now.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Thanks you think the changing the channel version will help? im a bit concerned cause it it would be v 1.6 and it only goes up to 2.0

I thought it was working but now its not again, its pretty odd...
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

I went ahead and uploaded it again and changed it to a new version.

what do we do after version 2.0??
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

It will give you new choices after your version is 2.0.... you'll get to choose between 2.1 and 3.0.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

"RokuKevin" wrote:
It will give you new choices after your version is 2.0.... you'll get to choose between 2.1 and 3.0.

--Kevin

Thanks Kevin and thanks for your help on the error yesterday... it was a URL but not on the page it appeared to be on...
0 Kudos