Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

developer agreement

I submitted a Roku App that contains Spanish content to the AppStore.So,on behalf of Roku i received an email specifying these guide lines

Also note that our developer agreement requires channels with international (non-US, including English language) or foreign language content (non-English language, even if created in the continental US) receive written permission prior to distributing the channel or content on Roku. This is related to our partnership with DISHWorld/Sling as our exclusive provider for such content within North America. After a review of your content, it appears that your channel falls under this exclusivity. As a result, we're unable to publish your channel in the US or Canada Channel Stores at this time.

For any languages DISHWorld/Sling already carries, you’ll need a waiver for their exclusivity on Roku. If you’d like to seek a waiver, please fill out the channel information form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_y7iLa ... _form_link

Can anybody tell me the complete procedure.And the most important thing do we need to create a seperate document for developer agreement or we only need to fill the above channnel information form url given by ROKU.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: developer agreement

Fill and submit the form and await response from the Co.; if you don't hear from them within a week - inquire by email.

My understanding is after you fill the form, then RokuCo will move the process, contacting the Dish behind the scenes - and getting response from Dish may take a few weeks (or months). I think D****World have some kind of "right of first refusal" in their contract with RokuCo, so D/W will be asked if they'd carry the specific content and if they don't, you are cleared to.
0 Kudos