Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garyam
Visitor

develop new channel

I've tried to get back EASY answers on how to create a channel for the Roku system and what's involved. It seems like I'm getting a run around? We've got lots of videos on spirituality we'd like to make into a channel. They've been done in mov, mp4, etc format using Imovie. They are presently on youtube and vimeo. What is involved in taking these videos and creating a channel? Is it complicated? I ask "how much does it cost" and I get what seems to be a run around via email from channel development. Someone please give me the simple facts on what is involved to get our videos on to a channel and what roughly will it probably cost, if anything at all.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DerekHelps
Visitor

Re: develop new channel

The most sure way to get a channel developed for the Roku is to sign up for a developer account, download SDK and dig in. (http://www.roku.com/developer)

However, since you are already on Vimeo, your videos may already be viewable on the Roku via the Vimeo channel, so if you cant find anyone to get the work done for you, you can suggest your viewers on Roku to subscribe to your channel in Vimeo and they should be able to view from the Roku's Vimeo channel (publicly available, and I am pretty sure its free.) - I understand this probably not optimal, just letting you know of a workaround until you can get development done.
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: develop new channel

Sent you a PM.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos