Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robocop1888
Level 7

dev menu removed on device

my now tv updated today, this removed dev access, im waiting on 7.6 being updated to my device, but this can take up to a week

can i downgrade or anything?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
destruk
Level 10

Re: dev menu removed on device

You can try reactivating dev mode, setting the dev password, and then re-keying from a prior package file (if needed).
Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
0 Kudos
robocop1888
Level 7

"destruk" wrote:
You can try reactivating dev mode, setting the dev password, and then re-keying from a prior package file (if needed).
Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right

where would i get a prior pkg file?
0 Kudos
robocop1888
Level 7

tried dev mode again, wont come on im afraid, all other secret menus come on though
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

If you don't have a previous packaged channel app you worked on then the key you create doesn't matter - but you'll need to create one on the roku device with "genkey" after you enable dev mode.
The screen can be touchy to get it to display - the key presses need to be timed.  It took me 8 tries last time I had to do it because the roku home screen slows down and animates when pressing the left/right sequence.
0 Kudos
robocop1888
Level 7

"destruk" wrote:
If you don't have a previous packaged channel app you worked on then the key you create doesn't matter - but you'll need to create one on the roku device with "genkey" after you enable dev mode.
The screen can be touchy to get it to display - the key presses need to be timed.  It took me 8 tries last time I had to do it because the roku home screen slows down and animates when pressing the left/right sequence.

My problem is i cant access dev mode it seems its been disabled from this forced update
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

Saw this in the news -
https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/16/now ... ills-plex/
- turns out Roku and Sky just did an evil thing and disabled altogether the dev.capability in NowTV boxes.
0 Kudos