Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robocop1888
Visitor

dev menu removed on device

my now tv updated today, this removed dev access, im waiting on 7.6 being updated to my device, but this can take up to a week

can i downgrade or anything?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: dev menu removed on device

You can try reactivating dev mode, setting the dev password, and then re-keying from a prior package file (if needed).
Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
0 Kudos
robocop1888
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
You can try reactivating dev mode, setting the dev password, and then re-keying from a prior package file (if needed).
Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right

where would i get a prior pkg file?
0 Kudos
robocop1888
Visitor

tried dev mode again, wont come on im afraid, all other secret menus come on though
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If you don't have a previous packaged channel app you worked on then the key you create doesn't matter - but you'll need to create one on the roku device with "genkey" after you enable dev mode.
The screen can be touchy to get it to display - the key presses need to be timed.  It took me 8 tries last time I had to do it because the roku home screen slows down and animates when pressing the left/right sequence.
0 Kudos
robocop1888
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
If you don't have a previous packaged channel app you worked on then the key you create doesn't matter - but you'll need to create one on the roku device with "genkey" after you enable dev mode.
The screen can be touchy to get it to display - the key presses need to be timed.  It took me 8 tries last time I had to do it because the roku home screen slows down and animates when pressing the left/right sequence.

My problem is i cant access dev mode it seems its been disabled from this forced update
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Saw this in the news -
https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/16/now ... ills-plex/
- turns out Roku and Sky just did an evil thing and disabled altogether the dev.capability in NowTV boxes.
0 Kudos