Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goya
Visitor

confused by jumping around in SDK 3.0 Component Reference

i'm a little confused by jumping arond in Roku SDK 3.0 beta Component Reference

starting with 4.3 on page 34 the reference is detailing roPosterScreen component then on page 39 and continuing to page 40 it jumps to ifHttpAgent interface and then it looks like it jumps back to roPosterScreen with ifSetMessagePort interface which appears to be part of roPosterScreen.

Is ifHttpAgent an interface in roPosterScreen component or is ifHttpAgent interface part of some other component?

Is ifHttpAgent stuck in middle of discussion of roPosterScreen or is ifHttpAgent part of roPosterScreen?

I can't find any roHttpAgent component so I'm thinking it is part of roPosterScreen. But it makes no sense to me to have ifHttpAgent part of some poster screen...

sorry for the dumb question i'm like totally new to roku and roku sdk...

thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: confused by jumping around in SDK 3.0 Component Referenc

Almost all of the components implement the ifHttpAgent interface. This allows you to specify headers and/or other properties needed for any HTTP requests that the component may need to load (ex. cookies for icons, authentication for video streams, etc.). See section 2.2 for more information.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
goya
Visitor

Re: confused by jumping around in SDK 3.0 Component Referenc

"TheEndless" wrote:
Almost all of the components implement the ifHttpAgent interface. This allows you to specify headers and/or other properties needed for any HTTP requests that the component may need to load (ex. cookies for icons, authentication for video streams, etc.). See section 2.2 for more information.

thank you.

re: 2.2

by the time i got to 4.3 i forgot that

For example, the roPosterScreen has four interfaces: ifPosterScreen, ifGetMessagePort, ifSetMessagePort, and ifHttpAgent.

best regards
0 Kudos