Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan_vitch
Visitor

capture fast forward remote click in roTextScreen

I am trying to capture the fast forward remote click on roTextScreen. I am using roTextScreenEvent but this doesnt have isRemoteKeyPressed. I am able to use the remote on this page, fast forward and ok remote button both 'do things' on my screen I just cant get hold of the event/action.

I need to continue to use roTextScreen due to the amount of text (this is a EULA page).

I am doing a pretty standard event loop

while true
msg = wait(0, screen.getMessagePort())
if type(msg) = "roTextScreenEvent"
print "type: " type(msg)
print "message: " msg
if msg.isButtonPressed()
idx = msg.getIndex()
if valid(opts.buttons) and valid(opts.buttons[idx]) then
res = opts.buttons[idx].action(screen)
end if
else if msg.isRemoteKeyPressed() 'this doesnt work
'print "remote index: " ; msg.getIndex()
else if msg.isScreenClosed()
exit while
end if

endif
end while
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: capture fast forward remote click in roTextScreen

Fast-forward isn't available to BrightScript on that screen, because it's used to page the content. Generally speaking, any screen that has built-in functionality for a given remote button eats the keypress and doesn't expose it to BrightScript.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dan_vitch
Visitor

The problem is the page scrolls too far. I guess the functionality is suppose to be fast forward causes the the text screen to scroll down so the first line off the screen becomes the top line on the screen. On my app the fast forward goes down goes down one line too far. I wouldn't care about this, but it was reported as a bug by the roku team.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dan_vitch" wrote:
The problem is the page scrolls too far. I guess the functionality is suppose to be fast forward causes the the text screen to scroll down so the first line off the screen becomes the top line on the screen. On my app the fast forward goes down goes down one line too far. I wouldn't care about this, but it was reported as a bug by the roku team.

Just let them know that it's not something you have control over. Just about every channel I've ever published has had at least one item in the list from QA that is a firmware issue that's outside of my control.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dan_vitch
Visitor

Will do. Thanks for the help
0 Kudos