Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thetick
Roku Guru

audio/volume control via web access

I've been using the web browser on my old blackberry as a remote to control my Roku3 because I like having a keyboard. It works great as a remote for my Roku3. Now when I am using private viewing (using head phones) I need to use the Roku3 remote..Argh. I looked at the SDK docs specifically the web browser "remote control" of the Roku and could not find any reference to controlling the audio or capturing the audio via a web browser? Controlling the audio by itself is pretty worthless since the button is right there on the Roku3 remote , but I would just like to use my Blackberry as the remote and plug in headphones to my Blackberry with functional audio.

I'm guessing there is currently no implementation available so my Blackberry can receive the audio from the Roku3 ? Any more details if this possible?
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO MAX. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: audio/volume control via web access

Can you watch roku content and roku channels on your Blackberry?
0 Kudos
thetick
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
Can you watch roku content and roku channels on your Blackberry?

No I use my blackberry (with a great keyboard) as a remote to replace Roku remote (no keyboard). I just use the blackberry web browser via the web app (http://remoku.tv/). The web app uses the document web control interface in the SDK.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO MAX. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"thetick" wrote:
No I use my blackberry (with a great keyboard) as a remote to replace Roku remote (no keyboard). I just use the blackberry web browser via the web app (http://remoku.tv/). The web app uses the document web control interface in the SDK.

I think that was attempt at sarcasm by @destruk.
Currently there is no known (to me) way to tap by network into the audio stream - which is what you are asking for. The hurdle is not technical, since the WiFi Direct remote of Roku3 does it already (stream audio over IP as well as volume control).
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.