Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmaves
Visitor

Z-index (rendering order) TargetGroup

I am trying to enlarge an item in the target group but it is scaling behind the next item in the TargetGroup.  How can I control this?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Z-index (rendering order) TargetGroup

Can you just switch the order of the elements in your group?  The last child element will appear on top of previous elements.
aspiring
0 Kudos
nmaves
Visitor

I don't think you understand how the TargetList/TargetGroup work.  I can't change the order of the content. Each item can get updated as they come into focus which is where I scale the item/group.  I think the issue is that each of the items in the TargetGroup is rendered in order which means that the focused item is rendered and scaled larger.  Then the next item in the TargetGroup is rendered on top of the focused item.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

I guess I don't.  You've just described exactly how z-index rendering works.  later elements are rendered on top of earlier ones.  Good luck.
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Maybe you can do a hack like render a copy of the focused rect after rendering the targetlist. but what do i know.
aspiring
0 Kudos
nmaves
Visitor

Yeah I thought about that but I decided to go with an approach where the items will not overlap when scaled up.
0 Kudos