Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML with a URL Containing an Ampersand Character

I'm using the MRSS template from Roku.

In the config.opml file, I am using a particular RSS feed URL that has an ampersand character in it:

<outline title="Creflo Dollar Ministries" subtitle="The teaching ministry of Creflo &amp; Taffi Dollar" img="http://interactive.creflodollarministries.org/images/podcast/DrDollar300x.jpg" url="http://rss.streamos.com/streamos/rss/genfeed.php?feedid=1385579&groupname=cdm" />

When I try to launch the channel, it fails.

If I replace the ampersand character with &amp; or with %26, the channel launches, but when trying to choose the feed, it gets stuck on "Retrieving...".

I've searched here in this forum, thru the Brightscript and Component Reference pdf's, and also on the internet,but cannot find anything on this type ofproblem.

Any ideas?

-
Bruce
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: XML with a URL Containing an Ampersand Character

By "trying to choose the feed", what does that mean? If it means what I think it does, then just do another replace to put the ampersands back in when you do a url transfer using that string.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos

I mean that on the TV, in the Roku channel I am building, I "select" the image/item that represents the RSS feed in question, to watch it.
0 Kudos

I wanted everyone know that the solution of substituting the & with &amp; is what actually worked.
It turns out the feed I was trying to get work seemed to have some other issues.

Thx for the help!!
0 Kudos