Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Why does this code crash? Just a string variable

Finally got around to implementing the speed test, EnTerr. My friend's 2050X gets 40-42ms, not 74. So I've set the cut-off point at 30ms, seems to work well, thanks. 🙂 I'll of course monitor/adjust this as I test across more platforms.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Why does this code crash? Just a string variable

"Komag" wrote:
Finally got around to implementing the speed test, EnTerr. My friend's 2050X gets 40-42ms, not 74. So I've set the cut-off point at 30ms, seems to work well, thanks. 🙂 I'll of course monitor/adjust this as I test across more platforms.

Oh, crud! (To quote Philip J. Fry)
You are right, it is 40ms on 2xxx models!
Thanks for mentioning, when i saw your numbers i wondered whence the difference and got an idea - that i made a mistake: screensaver was running on it while i tested and was slowing things down. So i woke up said Roku and re-tested - it is ~40ms indeed.

With that in mind, the cut-off margin should be ~27. Now onto the entertaining section of this post: the previous margin of 36 i suggested survived a single mistake of 2x of me measuring! I.e. it still correctly distinguished between slow and fast models, albeit barely. Amazing. Now if i were double-sloppy and mis-measured 30xx in screensaver too, then i would've gotten cut-off of 52 or so, which would have screwed up the pooch finally.

PS. and the reason i did not mis-measure twice might have been that screen saver does not get activated on 30xx when roScreen was in use (instead a black screen is shown)... but same screensaver runs on 2xxx models in roScreen mode? How about them apples.
0 Kudos