Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

When can i see ERR_VALUE_RETURN (&hE2)?

GetLastRunRuntimeError() lists 2 numbers that could be "normal" exit codes for Run()/Eval() execution: &hFC and &hE2. The sample code under Run() checks for both too.

Of these i have seen only &hFC (252) so far. Is &hE2 still a thing? Can i ever get that?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: When can i see ERR_VALUE_RETURN (&hE2)?

"EnTerr" wrote:
GetLastRunRuntimeError() lists 2 numbers that could be "normal" exit codes for Run()/Eval() execution: &hFC and &hE2. The sample code under Run() checks for both too.

Of these i have seen only &hFC (252) so far. Is &hE2 still a thing? Can i ever get that?

If you brave the leopard 😉 see bslBrightScriptErrorCodes (https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... rrorCodes()asObject)
and see

ERR_NORMAL_END : &hFC ' normal, but terminate execution. END, shell "exit", window closed, etc.
ERR_VALUE_RETURN : &hE2 ' return executed, and a value returned on the stack

An example of a value being returned on the stack is if you use the (not recommended) Run function.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuKC" wrote:
If you brave the leopard 😉 see bslBrightScriptErrorCodes (https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... rrorCodes()asObject) and see
      ERR_NORMAL_END    :  &hFC         ' normal, but terminate execution.  END, shell "exit", window closed, etc.
     ERR_VALUE_RETURN  :  &hE2         ' return executed, and a value returned on the stack

Oh wow, yes! 
"Result codes are exhibited in a documents department locked filing cabinet - so go to the console cellar with a torch and look for a disused common:/LibCore/v30/bslCore.brs - and when you find it, make sure not to Library include it - instead dump the source on screen, so can read the strategically placed comments."
Very, very HHGTTG indeed! Can't imagine this being pure happenstance. Smiley LOL

An example of a value being returned on the stack is if you use the (not recommended) Run function.

Ah ok, so &hE2 is still a thing. I asked because my attempts to reproduce it with eval() were a spectacular failure. So the code is still in use and i should account for it.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuKC" wrote:
      ERR_VALUE_RETURN  :  &hE2         ' return executed, and a value returned on the stack

Hmm, how can i check what that "value returned on the stack" is though?

A good candidate to do that would be the requested extended info from GetLastRunRuntimeError()/Eval(), were it ever to be implemented.

Yes, i have a good use case for this - am writing a code testing tool.
0 Kudos