Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gil_Dawson
Channel Surfer

What is the terminology for my tag line?

Hi--

When I Search on my channel's name [UFOTV], there appears a tag line ["The definitive source..."] under my channel's logo.

What is the terminology for that tag line?

How can I change the text in it?

'Preciate the help.

--Gil
--Gil
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: What is the terminology for my tag line?

That's your "short description" from Properties. It's the one that shows on top in web store and as the only description in the player's store
0 Kudos
Gil_Dawson
Channel Surfer

Thanks, EnTerr--

I can see my Short Description on the Roku website at Developer Home > Manage My Channels > [select channel] > under Current Package-Specific Properties, but I cannot edit it there.

Continuing from that page with Edit Channel > Channel Properties (under Unpublished Channel) > Channel Properties editing page, but the Short Description field isn't on that page.

How can I change it?

--Gil
--Gil
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Try "Descriptions" section instead (i know, portal is confounding).
direct URL (that only you/owner can access) for UFOTV are
https://owner.roku.com/Developer/Apps/L ... ions/90440
https://developer.roku.com/apps/localiz ... nnel=90440
0 Kudos
Gil_Dawson
Channel Surfer

Ahh! Thank you, EnTerr--

That is exactly the information I needed.

I found -- now that I knew what to look for -- that an edit page is available from Developer Home > Manage My Channels > [select channel] > from "Channel Details" pull down to "Descriptions" >...

That page is not the same as the edit page given by your direct URL, but changing one seems to affect the other, so I'll assume that they're functionally equivalent.

Thanks again for your help.

--Gil
--Gil
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

short version: yes.
longer version: note i gave 2 URLs. clicking on the 2nd should have taken you to the same page you described well the "breadcrumb trail" to.
0 Kudos
Gil_Dawson
Channel Surfer

Ah! So that's what "breadcrumb" means. Thanks, EnTerr. --Gil
--Gil
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Breadcrumbs" comes from the "Hansel and Gretel", methinks. 'Tis a rather Grimm fairytale :twisted:
0 Kudos