Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plainjimbo
Visitor

What is the lifecycle for a Subscription transaction?

The documentation surrounding the Web API's seems a bit incomplete to me. Could someone provide more information regarding the data returned by the validate-transaction API?

In particular, I'm wondering what the response looks like for the following scenarios when the original transaction id for a subscription with a 7 day free trial is used:
  • During free trial period.

• After free trial ends and Roku successfully charges the user. In this case Is the transactionId returned the original transaction id? Or is it the transaction id from the latest charge?

• When Roku is unable to charge the user (insufficient funds or expired credit card). Is a successful response returned with all the data from the last successful transaction?

• When the customer cancel's the subscription through roku. Is a successful response returned with all the data from the last successful transaction? Is there data somewhere that indicates this subscription has been canceled?

I just don't want to have to wait 38 days to figure out what these scenarios look like. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!