Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [WTF] Roku purchases/billing is down since March 2nd?

I was emailed a short time ago on my issue and this was their response......

"I am not sure when or if this issue will be resolved, it seems to be partially resolved as in I can't reproduce the problem, but I've had a bug open on this issue or at least a similar issue for a year now.

My suggestion would be to modify the channel to use our in-channel subscriptions instead of the up-front subscription format. You can add a free trial to your channel when you do it that way, and you can add this functionality fairly easily via the InstantTVChannel system which it looks like you are using – that way people can use it for free for a few days before they automatically start paying a monthly subscription.

This generally translates to more subscriptions as people get to try the content first without paying"

What is everyone using to build their channels? SDK? Instanttvchannel.com? Etc.....

-B
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

@OldTimeRadio It turns out I'm incorrect about your particular issue - mistakenly thought your channel was a subscription channel which is the bug I was referring to, your bug has to do with one-time purchase up-front billed channels, which is what is affecting all the people on this thread.

It is believed that we will resolve the up front billing by the end of the month.

- Joel
0 Kudos

"RokuJoel" wrote:
It is believed that we will resolve the up front billing by the end of the month.

Can you tell us what happened? Are you going to let us know when it's fixed??

-B
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did this get fixed? I just noticed one of my games had no sales from 3/2 through 3/26 and then had one on the 27th and two so far today.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"renojim" wrote:
Did this get fixed? I just noticed one of my games had no sales from 3/2 through 3/26 and then had one on the 27th and two so far today.

-JT

My sales have started ramping back up today as well. 1 sale two days ago, 3 sales yesterday, 14 sales today so far.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

I'm assuming that this has had a knock on effect on payments. Tomorrow is the end of the month and nothing through yet.

Definitely the latest I've been paid, ever.

Let's hope it doesn't go into a new month without any payments coming through. Can't be long until something causes that to happen.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I haven't been paid either, but the latest agreement I signed stated they have 30 days. I believe that's the same as the original agreement I signed years ago. So... I guess today is the day. Smiley LOL

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Same here, it seems that the backend is working again, got some purchases back, but no payment so far.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
I haven't been paid either, but the latest agreement I signed stated they have 30 days. I believe that's the same as the original agreement I signed years ago. So... I guess today is the day. Smiley LOL

-JT

It was for me. Seems like this glitch is over.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"steveintheukok" wrote:
I'm assuming that this has had a knock on effect on payments. Tomorrow is the end of the month and nothing through yet.

There is no reason to expect causal relation between the two.

It's like a grocery store's ATM/credit card reader is out of commission but the cash register is working and they can still do cash (subscriptions). Admittedly, there would be much less sales/revenue during the month. But It does not free the store from obligation to pay to the respective consignors.

Now, i am curious to hear an explanation to why RokuCo's payments system has been down for 25 days? (from 3/2 to 3/27)
0 Kudos