Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE IS IT?!

Hey guys,
I had commissioned a guy to design my channel. after a slight "falling out" I was given all of the work he had done. which was supposed to be for the most completed except for the "dummy shows" that he left in there to be changed out.. No big deal there..
My problem is, after I have loaded everything up to roku so I can start my testing and make minor changes, when I click on the actual video to be played, it takes me to a submit code page telling me to go to a certain web page and enter the code in order to view... Where can I find the script to either stop that from happening or could some one point me in the direction to change the web address to point to what I can use to set up a page to enter the code and actually start viewing my work in process.. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
Thanks In ADVANCE!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: WHERE IS IT?!

You would need to review the code to find this. First search the text of all the .brs files for "roCodeRegistrationScreen"

figure out what function that is in, probably something like:

Function doRegistration()

and figure out where that function is called, it will probably look like doregistration() without the function prefix.

essentially you need to modify the code so that when you try to play a video, this function is not called. You might be able to just comment out the line that calls the function by putting a single quote at the beginning, see if that allows you to play videos without getting the registration screen.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Thanks Joel,
I look and let you know if I find it/if it works!
thank you Much
0 Kudos

Can that code just be deleted? I dont think it something I will be using, I have decided to make the channel free.. the most I would want to do at this point is to keep track of "views" to the individual videos...
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I wouldn't delete anything unless you know what it does and how it affects the rest of the program. Just comment it out like this:

'doregistration()

just a single quote at the beginning of the line will prevent anything on that line from executing when the program runs.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Hey guys I need some help with the same issue!
I did what was suggested and "commented out" the code that sent the viewer to the subscribe/pay page.
the problem is now, the the page just hangs up and goes nowhere... I need it to go to the particular video!!! PLEASE HELP! I am past my deadline!
Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos